‘Korean Identities in Global Context′
- Shinyoung Kwon, ‘Promoting Mass Movements: A New Perspective on Japanese Wartime Imperialism in Korea‘
- Jong Chol An, ‘The First Koreans? The Nationality Law of 1948’
- Anna Roh, ‘Religion and Political Identity: Korean Protestantism in the Power Structures of early South Korea, 1945-1948‘
- Niu Song ‘The Utility of Islam in South Korean Society and Middle East Diplomacy‘
- Victoria Ten, ‘Technologies of Self in Contemporary Korea: The Notion of Suryŏn (修練) in GiCheon (氣天)‘
- Benjamin Young, ‘The Struggle for Legitimacy: North Korea’s Relations with Africa, 1965-1992‘
- Robert Winstanley-Chesters, ‘Pragmatism and Revolution: North Korean Pomiculture, 1958-1967’ (free download)
- Book Reviews by Keith Howard, Hyelim Kim, Hyunseok Kwon, Steven Denney, and Darcie Draudt
Volume 16 of our journal BAKS Papers is now available for purchase via PayPal for £35 (or downloaded free for BAKS Members).
Previous volumes can be found and purchased here.